- The one true God who lives eternally in three persons—the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.
- The love, grace and sovereignty of God in creating, sustaining, ruling, redeeming and judging the world.
- The divine inspiration and supreme authority of the Old and New Testament Scriptures, which are the written Word of God—fully trustworthy for faith and conduct.
- The dignity of all people, made male and female in God's image to love be holy and care for creation, yet corrupted by sin, which incurs holy judgement.
- The incarnation of God’s eternal Son, the Lord Jesus Christ—born of the virgin Mary; truly divine and truly human, yet without sin.
- The atoning sacrifice of Christ on the cross: dying in our place, paying the price of sin and defeating evil, so reconciling us with God.
- The bodily resurrection of Christ, the first fruits of our resurrection; His ascension to the Father, and His reign and mediation as the only Saviour of the world.
- The justification of sinners solely by the grace of God through faith in Christ.
- The ministry of God the Holy Spirit, who leads us to repentance, unites us with Christ through new birth, empowers our discipleship and enables our witness.
- The Church, the body of Christ both local and universal, the priesthood of all believers—given life by the Spirit and endowed with the Spirit's gifts to worship God and proclaim the gospel, promoting justice and love.
- The personal and visible return of Jesus Christ to fulfil the purposes of God, who will raise all people to judgement, bring eternal life to the redeemed and eternal condemnation to the lost, and establish a new heaven and new earth.
- We believe and practice believer's Baptism.
meet the team.
God called me in 2011 to pastor the church here in Waterbeach. It has been a wonderful privilege for Angela and I to see the church grow, both numerically and in spiritual depth, over these past years. When I think of how I was a total atheist before coming to Christ, I am moved to reflect on what an amazing adventure it has all been. How did we ever exist without the love of God in our hearts? Today I am still driven by a passion to see souls saved and for people to experience the love and grace of the Father's heart to them. On our day off, Angela and I enjoy nothing better than a long walk in the countryside and a spot of bird watching to recharge our batteries; whatever the season, we always love to see the beauty and majesty of God in His Creation.
Administrator and Children's Ministry
I came to Christ at the age of 15 as a result of attending my local church Sunday school in London and this is why children’s ministry has always been my calling and my passion. At WBC I head up the growing team of children’s workers. I believe that all children should hear of Jesus’ love for them and one of my greatest joys has been the birth of the annual summer holiday Bible club in the village. My training before Bible College (where I met Martin!) was in administration at the Ministry of Defence, so it is hardly surprising that my other hat at WBC is the Church Administrator.
I have been a member of the church since 1992. I became a Christian in 1992 when Jesus touched my life in an amazing way. My faith is rooted in scripture and it has helped me in my life in so many ways. I am currently serving the church as a deacon and would encourage anyone reading this to discover God's amazing touch for themselves. In my spare time I enjoy sport and playing the guitar. For employment I have been a children's entertainer, as well as a local window cleaner.
I became a Christian in 1983, and rededicated my life at a Billy Graham Rally in Glasgow 1991. I have always been involved in church life from being a Sunday school teacher to having house/prayer meetings in my home. I combine my role as deacon with that of prayer coordinator at WBC, so it is hardly surprising that I feel passionate about prayer. My goal is to see the church and its activities permanently clothed in prayer and I look forward to what God has in store for me and also for the church in the coming years. I currently work with people who have learning difficulties which is enormously rewarding; when at home, I love nothing better than to listen to contemporary worship songs and study the Word of God.
I came to Christ as a small child when my neighbours took me to Church with them. Even though my parents were not Christians at the time, I could see right away that there was something at Church that I wanted, and as I got older I realised that it was Jesus. I have been at Waterbeach Baptist Church since moving to the village in 2019, and have found a real family here. I have been excited seeing God moving in the time I have been here and cannot wait to find out what He has planned for us next.
Finance Team Leader
I gave my life to Christ when I was a young mother of one. Since then, my family has grown to 4 children and 8 grandchildren. I was raised as a Greek Orthodox but felt my life was empty and meaningless until a friend told me about Jesus. I have never looked back since then! I enjoy cooking, reading, puzzles and sewing. I was the Treasurer in my last church in London for over 20 years and have taken on this role in our local church in Waterbeach. I look forward to serving in my church and am excited for the future.